© Copyright - All photos
on this website are subject to copyright and may not be reproduced in
any format without prior permission.
Photos of Churches in Northumberland.
There are a number of churches in Bellingham. We currently have photos of two of them - St. Oswalds Catholic Church and the Parish Church of St. Cuthbert.
St. Oswalds Catholic Church.
St. Oswalds Church is on the edge of the village near the bridge over the River North Tyne. It was built in 1839.
Records show that a previous chapel was at Hesleyside, the old house of the Charltons who presented the site of the current church.
© Copyright - All photos are subject to copyright and may not be reproduced in any format or displayed on any website without prior written permission. PHOTOS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR USE IN FORUMS OR BLOGS OR ANY ANCESTRY TYPE WEBSITE.
St. Oswalds Catholic Church, Bellingham.
Parish Church of St. Cuthbert
St. Cuthbert's Church was consecrated about 1180.
It is the only church in England with an all stone roof.
In 1603 a monument to two burnings in the raiding times were added, and many buttresses were added afterwards because of the weight.
Outside there is the Long Pack Grave the centre of a brutal Bellingham tale.
Parish Church of St. Cuthbert, Bellingham.